Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cool down coming.

We went to the school this afternoon. I got in 3 flights total. 2 with the Padre and 1 with the Snow Fox. I had cut some of the monokote hinges to loosen the controls on the Fox and it worked well. I put a 1 degree shim under the engine on the Padre and that helped the overhead tension . I also removed the gap sealing and tried a different style seal. I put a piece of scotch tape top and botrtom that covers the gap. It is stuck to the stab. trailing edge flowing back over the elevator leading edge. I didn't notice any difference from the other type seal except the controls are looser. There wasn't any thermals at all today as it was overcast and the melting snow made for wet landings.
After cleaning the planes I started on an ARF version of the Twister. I got the fuse. cut out and motor mounts glued in. I'm planning on a 1/2" thick stab in this one. The wing will be cap striped so it will be 1/16" fatter all around.

No comments: