Thursday, March 31, 2011

Saw a woodchuck.

The weather was good Wednesday and I got in some flights. The cleaned filter on the PT-23 did the trick. I had the Magacian/Evo .36 and new tank so I tried it with both new tanks. It ran fair but fast. I tried to slow it down but couldn't. I found a leak in the metal tank and it didn't seem to help. I may have to open it up and replace the clunk tubing as air bubbles are going through the line. I could fill it so the line is covered and watch if there are no bubbles early on and only appear when the level is below the line. When we first saw the fox he was on the wall watching what looked like a squirrel. But when it moved it looked more like a woodchuck. It went into a hole in the wall in back of the garage. Several years ago I had gotten a scope and put it on the .22. I haden't fired it since so I figured I'd better check it before I got a chance to shoot the woodchuck. I drew a half dollar size circle with cross hairs through it and nailed it to a tree up in the woods. I fired 3 shots from about 50 feet and took a look. Right in the circle. Two are touching and another left a bit. Still I can cover all 3 with a dime. I haven't shot that well since basic training.

No comments: