Monday, August 15, 2011

April showers in Aug.

The pig roast went off as planned even with rain falling. People started arriving about 3 pm in a slow but steady stream until after 5.
I shortened a fuel tank to fit the Padre instead of installing the new piston and sleeve. I have close to 4 ounces capy. now and that should be enough to get the pattern in. I also sleeved down the venturi to .250 i.d. That should allow me to install the original tank but I'll try the larger one first.
Some places around NJ and long Island have gotten 12 inches of rain so far. Looks like it will be raining through Tues. here.
I'm getting the wheels aligned on the Pontiac today at Wibberly's. The rear tires are worn in the insides, the fronts are good.
I'm also starting to design the next plane. I have a fuse. side drawn on a sheet of balsa and the engine crutch pieces ready to be cut to size. If it rains all day tomorrow I'll have it flying by Wed.

No comments: