Sunday, August 14, 2011

More success part 2.

I loaded up the mowers and went to Oneco to mow the circle and get in some flights with the Padre. I saw the late sleeper as I was entering the field so I didn't wake him up. The engine ran fine for 3 flights. I had cut out an area between the motor mounts so a metal tank could fit in there. The first flight went well but the tank didn't hold enough fuel to finish the last maneuver. The worn liner in the engine or the wrong size venturi makes it use too much fuel. The other engines use 3 to 3 1/4 ounces for the pattern and this one uses over 3 1/2. The tank holds 3 1/2. I could make a larger tank but I have 2 new piston/liner sets so I'll install a new set instead.
Today is V.J. day parade and it's raining pretty hard at 0630. If it don't stop soon the pig roast at J. Caron's wont happen.

No comments: