Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New field.

I visited the club web site and there was a notice about a new flying site in Brooklyn, Ct. I'm waiting for a reply to my request for the location of the site.
I've been flying several times since getting back home. My planes are trimmed to fly smooth and not like the rule book says so I've had to change things to get harder corners. I took the twister out today and got in some flights. It's flying pretty good but the engine is not right. Maybe dirt in the spray bar. The filter in the fuel jug was full of crap. I got the methanol for nothing.
The winter projects are coming along. I got all the parts built and hinged. I'm ready to glue the wing into the second plane then it's on to filling and sanding.
I looked at the El Camino steering and I will have to remove the tie rods from the wheels, center the steering box, adjust the tie rods to fit the wheels, re install the tie rods and then take the rag joint off the steering box to center the steering wheel. The adjustment sleeves are out of whack as one has a lot of space between the threaded parts and the other has them close together. When I'm done they should be almost evenly spaced.

No comments: