Wednesday, April 4, 2012

And more wind.


I got the Twister put back together this morning. I put in a half ounce of tip weight so the final weight is 43.5 ounces. The balance came out 5/16 ahead of the spot on the plans and that is with the stock muffler so I have lots of room to move the c/g around if needed.
I went to leave with the El Camino this m9orning and the fuel lines were leaking again. I finally figured out that 3/8 fuel line is the wrong size. I make a new pipe from the pump to the carb. and 3/8 brake line had the correct flare nut so I used 3/8 hose. Well the original pipe must have been 5/16 as the fuel filter and carb. fitting are 5/16. I heated some water and put some lubricant into the 5/16 hose and dunked the hose in the hot water to soften it so it would slide on the 3/8 pipe. That worked well and the rest was a snap. We drove around for a while and when we got home I jacked the car up and changed the speedometer driven gear to the new one I got from TCI. It has one tooth more than the one I had that was reading too fast. I think it will be all right but I didn't give it much of a test.
I started the hot rod and backed it out and washed it while the engine warmed up and the battery charged a bit. I don't think we will use it very much this year.

No comments: