Monday, April 16, 2012

Good airshow weather.

The two day show the club put on went off quite well. A total of 92 planes lined the runway during Saturdays static display and on Sunday there was constant flying both r/c and me. A helicopter guy came and put on a show that had everyone amazed. It wasn't until the second flight that we knew he had control of the model. Only one mishap and that was on a hand launch of a electric foam model of the T-28 that got 28 feet after launch before hitting the ground. Some damage.
I did some maint. on the mower. The battery wouldn't hold a charge and needed jumping that didn't work well either. I changed the terminals on the battery cable ends and then found the ground wire end at the frame was rusted badly. I cleaned that and the frame. After charging the battery the mower started and I took the voltage. On Sunday I took the voltage again and there wasn't much of a drop. I started the engine and drove it over to the car and had another guy check the voltage with the engine running and it was higher than before starting so the charging system is working. Hopefully the cable maint. has fixed the problem. The tag-along mower hook up works well just like it always did. I had to raise the rider deck to match the cutting height of the tag-along and then added a spacer to the blade mount to lower the cutting height about 3/16. I had to mow at position 3 instead of position 1 on the rider to match the tag-along. Maybe I will be able to lower it to the 2 position next time out. Moving the tag-alongs wheels location is next as they are at their lowest position now.

No comments: