Monday, April 2, 2012

More wind.

Sunday proved to be the only good day to fly in the last week. I went to the field and got in two flights then stopped and chatted for a spell with the other club members. I've needed some 1/8 inch balsa and asked if there was any closer than the hobby shops. I was told about Michale's in the Dayville mall. It's a craft store. I went there and they had a selection of balsa that was just what I needed for the flaps. Medium hard. I cut out the strips and made the hinge pockets this morning. I finished and installed the flaps by noon.
Brother Roy called and offered his Troy Built roto-tiller and ramps for a good price so I went there and brought them home.
Tomorrow is the last day of horseshoes in East Hartford for the season. There will be a meal and payouts so I'm going.

No comments: