Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lots of wind.

After some cutting height adjustments I got all three mowers cutting properly. I measured the full swath cut and it's 72 inches. It's less as I need overlap on each pass but it still speeds up the process. I cut the runway, 55 x 380, the pits 175 x 200, and the circle 150 diameter in less than an hour. Thats 1.685 acres. Then I raised the mowers and trimmed about an acre of the grass in back of the r/c area. I did around the circle last week. The clubs riding mower was not charging properly and had a new battery that wasn't starting the engine. Using jumper cables didn't do much either. At the air show I installed new terminals on the battery cable ends and found the ground wire end bolted to the frame to be rusted badly. I cleaned the terminal and the frame area and the battery is getting charged now. When I finished mowing and returned to the parking spot I noticed a bolt on the ground. It had a pointed end that I knew came from the engine mount. Sure enough there was a empty hole. I had a bolt and nut in the box so I installed it with a lock washer and tightened it down. I tightened the bolts last year and found that chore quite difficult.
  The winds were gusting to 40+ on Friday and I had to lay down the basketball net as it was lifting off the ground.
 We are going to check out the newly refurbished pits at the Jogues club this afternoon. There is a horseshoe tournament on the clay pits today there too. And get cheaper gas.

No comments: