Monday, November 12, 2012

Latest build.

I applied the red star decals this morning plus installing the engine and tank. The plane came out real nose heavy and I had to remove the spinner and APC prop and put a wood Zinger on plus 2.5 ounces of lead on the tail. I built the kit just as it came because I wanted to use it in old time stunt. I made a mistake by bringing the plane up the stairs for the photo shoot and ended up breaking the rudder and part of one flap off. A 2 inch long tear in the covering on the bottom of the wing is being repaired with glue. After fixing the damage I used the walk out door.
  I went to the Brooklyn field yesterday afternoon to get the transmitter impound rack and bring it home for repairs. Some of the members were flying  and helped me load the thing onto the Dodge. I used the electric drill to remove the long wood screws and cut the broken leg and the other leg to match. I re-installed the base and finished it before dark.

 I hope to get in some flying this morning and get the rack back in place. A first flight on the newly repaired Yak-9 is in the plans. OS .25LA.

No comments: