Thursday, November 15, 2012

Making the best of it.

The wind has been in the way lately. I've gotten in some flights with the Yak 9 and am having trouble getting the wings level. i cut into the glued on flap today and made an aileron for a trim tab. hopefully that will work.
 I picked up some angle iron bed rails at the dump and made railings for the trailer. I used the wire feed welder for the job. It hasn't been used much at all since I bought it about 4 years ago.
 The Strega is coming along. I got the engine on Tues. and got the fuselage put together and the cowl made.  Instead of carving large blocks for the fuse. top and bottom I'm going to mold a turtle deck and bend some wood for the rest. I thought the wing was over built but the fuse. has a bunch of parts for no good reason. The nose has air tunnels and vents in the sides and top. What was the designer thinking? 38 ribs in the wing. I should have removed every other one and used them for a second plane. A while back I got some .018 cable from Mcmaster-Carr and went to make another set for the Strega but the lines were curled and unusable. Too bad.
 I'm flying Red Molly and it's doing well.  I have to get some vinyl letters for the planes I built and rebuilt in late summer. They both fly very well. Not to mention graphics for the LSU/Saints plane.

No comments: