Thursday, January 3, 2013

Musical batteries.

About a month ago I removed the hot rod battery and installed it into the El Camino to keep it charged through the winter. Then I deceided to keep the hot rod in the garage instead of behind it. Which meant the truck would be outside in the cold. With it near the milk room it has started but with a slow wind up on the battery. I moved it next to the garage and this morning was too much for it's battery. I took the spare battery that came from the El Camino and jumped the truck to get it running. I did some errands and then swapped the truck battery for the El Camino battery.  I called the nearest Dodge dealer, in Putnam, and got a price but none in stock. I'll have to get it changed soon. $122.00 + $56.00 + tax. I've had excellent luck with OEM batteries in the past.
  I put the decals on the plane in the meantime. They are waterslide and went on with difficulty. I had to use the large one that should have gone on the wing bottom as the top one wouldn't glue down.  The smaller ones on the fuselage sides went on much better. I looked up Major Decals for pressure sensitive decals and they don't take credit cards and I couldn't down load their order sheet without getting the whole catalog. I gave up on it for now. I got the tailwheel on and the white bars on the rudder. I think the white is the trim tab. Other units A-36's have the same white bars. I have to find some flat clear for the final coat of paint.

No comments: