Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Trimming the Yak.

Sun., Mon. and today the weather has been good for flying. I took the Yak-9 and have been doing the old time stunt pattern. The fuel tanks have been a problem. The plastic ones have touched the engine burning a hole in them and the metal ones have not worked right. I repaired the holes with urethane windshield glue. Then I got the idea to reinforce the repair by glueing an extra piece of sheet metal over the patch. Both tanks are curing now. Should be ready when the weather is good for flying again, snow for tonight and tomorrow. I did find another metal tank and have it on the plane now. I'll try it first. I took a chance and drove down to the field. The ground is quite wet but not soft and muddy. I stayed on the grass on the way out.

No comments: