Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slow times.

I was nominated for club president last month. As has been the case in the last 30 some years no one elsa will step forward I should be elected tonight. I went ahead and made a gavel for the occasion. I'm not sure but I think I was president back in the 80's. I had to get a new battery for the truck. I think the old one was original as it was a Mopar brand. I got a call on Monday that the battery was in and I went to get it. I had installed one from the El Camino that had the battery from the hot rod and didn't need a spare so I put it in the truck. That gave me the confidence to put the new one in myself rather than pay $56.00 for the dealer to install it. I lost the radio presets again. The new battery has a lot more cranking power than the others. The strange thing is that the terminals didn't have any corrosion at all. I tried to paint the up leadout white this morning on the A-36 but the spray can wouldn't spray. I poked a tiny hole in the top and let the air out while I went to Lowes and got an empty paint can to pour the paint in. While there I looked at the Poly Crylic paints in spray cans and bought a can of clear satin water based paint. I figured that I couldn't wait any longer for the graphics and that the poly crylic could be used for the clear coat. I did the wings and stab/elev. and it was milky something awful. I let it sit for a while and it cleared up. Being water based I think it should go on milky. The fuselage will be a test as I have to be careful of runs on the top rounded surfaces. I plan on doing the least possible on the bottom as the rear exhaust engine shouldn't blow too much oil on the plane. About half way out on the outboard wing and the right half of the stab/elev bottom. I questioned the guy that's making the graphics if he had enough information to do the job. No reply so far. The local cutter hasn't gotten back to me in two weeks. I went to the field this morning and checked the tires on the mower. The problem tire was holding air and that is good. The runway is just about useful with the warmer weather but the circle is still covered in snow.

No comments: