Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's painted.

 After seeing how far 4 ounces of dope will go and having 4 ounces for the rest of the plane I ordered 4 more ounces and another pint of thinner from Brodak. Yesterday I started to paint the olive drab and started with the original spray gun from over 20 years ago. It didn't work. I quickly changed to the detail gun I didn't want to use and got the job done. It didn't work well as the paint wasn't thinned enough but the paint flowed out very well and looks good with just one coat. After cleaning up I poured the leftover paint back into the cans and I ended up with a bit more than I started with. I'm guessing 4 ounces of paint on the plane and 4.5 ounces of thinner gave me the extra usable paint left over. Now to apply the stars and bars and I'm waiting for the trim coat sheet and vinyl letters.

No comments: