Sunday, January 6, 2013

A little more progress.

Last week we went to Hog Heaven to get some trim sheets for the A-36. They didn't have the right color so I had them ordered. On Sat. I called and they were in so I headed for the shop. I got one sheet of cub yellow and looked for some flat clear but there was none except some  Top Flite Lustre Kote flat clear. I thought about it but didn't know if it was compatible with the olive drab and light blue so I left. I sat in the car for a minute and deceided to get a can anyway and test it as the can was cheaper than getting a half pint from Sig. When I got home I sprayed the cowl with the clear as the cowl has both colors on it. Nothing happened. As soon as I get the nose art I'll spray the clear and be done with it.
  I applied the yellow wing stripes this morning. I looked up the reason for the stripes and the only thing I could find is"all group planes" had the stripe. Three or four colors were used.

No comments: