Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Light winds.

I noticed that the winds were forecast to be under 10 mph today so I got some planes ready. I took an ebngien off one of the full body planes and put it on the P-39. Today I took that plane and the big ringmaster to the field. I got in 4 flights with each plane. When I got home I loaded up the StregA-36 and went back. The engine has been running funny and with the warmer weather the problem stood out. The cowl is too close fitting to properly cool the engine. I removed it and found that it hot starts quite easily. A couple flights with the cowl off and some handle adjustments has it flying quite well. I added almost 2 ounces of castor to the low oil fuel that is recommended for the engine when I got home. I will run out the gallon I have before using the low oil fuel that's on order. It should be broken in by then. The plane really glides after the engine quits. It's kinda easy to get a good landing with it. Tomorrow may be good for flying too.

No comments: