Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Happenings.

I finally got one of the kids to come and fix the garage roof. Then I finally got the picker to come and look at the stuff we want to get rid of. Both on the same day. The guy that I gave the rock stairs to came a few days earlier in the morning and took the stones with a roll back truck. That was not fun.
 The roofer kids got here at 0930 and I figured on using roll roofing so I went to Lowes and got two rolls. Then we found that the roof is 8 inches longer than the roofing so I took the rest back and got two squares or 3 tab shingles. Then the picker came. After she left we found out that even with three people doing the calculations there wasn't enough shingles to finish the roof. Off they went and got some left overs from someone and just had enough to finish the job. A few of the roof boards that were removed were very wet and punky. They figured that the water was getting in under an improperly applied drip edge. That excitement ruined a good flying day to top it all off.
 I changed lines on the P-40 and to 63 feet from 60.5 feet. It made a big difference.  The wind will be light and variable again today so I'll get in some more flights with it.

No comments: