Monday, December 1, 2014

Trim flights.

I sprayed the clear Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning I took the P-40 to the field for it's first flights. All went well and I've gotten several trim flights in Sun. and Mon. I'm working on softening the corners. I slowed the elevator down about 30%. The flaps and elevator move almost the same amount of degrees now, that's what the plans show anyway. I haven't tried that change yet. I am pleased with the way it flys.  I called Brodak about the missing parts in the Gypsy kit but no one is around. I'll call back around 3 pm. I could have built it by now.
 I did some work on the schools milling machine this morning. It can be made to work using the key pad. I found a vise for it and I need to get some bolts to hold it to the ways. I also fixed the parting tool for the lathe so it will work. I plan to make a 1/8" copper tube bender with it. I have been using a wooden one I made at home. The copper tube fix I planned to use didn't work out so now I have 6 feet of 1/8" tube to play with.

No comments: