Sunday, December 28, 2014

Good weather.

I have about 40 flights on the P-40 and it's doing better. I've been adding more elevator and wider spacing at the handle and the plane likes it. The turn is manageable and the plane is stable in level flight. Still the elevator only moves 20 degrees up and 20 down.
 I'm tempted to remove the mufflers on the hot rod and go with straight pipes. I think the quiet is turning off potential buyers. A pair of two chamber flowmasters are in my thoughts also. It wasn't easy finding ones with 2 inch in and out.
 I mixed up 5 gallons of fuel this morning. I had bought a quart of synthetic Klotz and removed a quart of castor and added the Klotz. The gallon of store bought/raffle won fuel has some synthetic also. 3 gallons of methanol 1 gallon minus 16 ounces of castor and 1 gallon of store bought 10% nitro fuel. I have about a quart of the last batch left.

No comments: