Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pedal at last.

First off I've been trying to link to the latest flight of the Shark 560. I'll try again here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z2V-KrZdGc
 Now back to the pedal. I got the new booster/master cylinder installed and the free play of the brake pedal set. Then it was off to bleed the master cylinder. I made the mistake of reading the directions and had to go get a part off the old unit first. Then I installed the plugs like it said and bench bled the cylinder. Didn't work. I'm used to putting tubes on the outlets and piping them back into the reservoirs then pumping the plunger. Anyway I kept getting the same bubble of air through the intake hole with the plugs installed and through the pipe with the tubes installed. A leak. I removed the plugs and applied some kind of sealer to the threads and everything worked. I installed the master cylinder and hooked up the lines and ran some fluid through the front caliper and then tried the pedal and it's working. I should bleed the brakes next.

No comments: