Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A rush.

With the threat of rain things were moving along today. Early on I saw there would be little progress with only two men putting the roof on. One on the roof and the other climbing up and down the scaffolding to get the roof panels and hand them up then climb back on the scaffold to screw the bottom of the panel to the roof. I started handing the panels to the guy on the scaffold so he didn't have to climb all over the place and that speeded things up a lot. I found out on the first panel that it has sharp edges and that the wind caused problems too. Together we got the roof installed. I moved all their tools and 5 sheets of OSB into the garage which gives me more room in the car port. With the rain that's forecast I doubt anything more will get done for a few days. They could install the roll up door and the window.

No comments: