Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Got another plane.

I had to wait until the new shed was completed to get the new/crashed plane. It was owned by a famous person that has a small business selling engines kits and plans. It looks like the plane hit nose down and inverted as the front has damage to the top block and the canopy is broken open. He had the same engine I have and I should be able to fix it up without messing up the balance.
  I noticed that the controls are very smooth operating and there is no  slop at all. That made me take a look at mine and I found the good plane has a lot of slop. I got rid of most of it and have made several trim flights. It does make a difference. I checked all the planes and found one other with too much slop and fixed that. I flew it today and the controls are much better.
  I put the new plane on the band saw and trimmed the nose back to accommodate a firewall and nylon engine mount. Hopefully I ordered the right size this time.

No comments: