Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Diesel fuel.

Big spender that I am I went to the gas station and ordered $1.20 on pump 4. I only wanted  that much as I figured the mower engine would be cleaned out by the time I used it up. Also I wanted an accurate measure of a gallon and this would give a spot to mark a half gallon for when I mix my fuel. I added a little 30 wt. oil to 10 ounces of diesel and filled the oil sump of the engine. I started it and ran it for a few seconds then shut it off. The drain still looked dirty so I repeated the procedure. After that I filled it with diesel and sloshed it back and forth for a while and dumped that out. That looked pretty good so I filled it with oil ready for use.
  I took the new Nomad to the field along with the remaining Flite Streak. The one that I burned my finger on yesterday. The Nomad flew perfectly throughout the full pattern of maneuvers on it's second flight. I can't point out any trim changes to be made either. The Flite Streak flew pretty good for what it is. I haven't flown it in a few years.

No comments: