Thursday, March 30, 2017

Weathered and carnival-ed out.

It's been raining since very early this morning. This weekend the park that is my favorite flying spot has a carnival. I went to the park in Walker yesterday and got in a few flights with the new fuel and bigger engines. The castor I found is the same or better than the stuff I would have had to buy at more that twice the price. The grass needed cutting but I flew anyway..
  Today with the rain I did some cleaning in the shop and changed to a matched set of wheels on the newer Nomad plane. The next contest is in 5 weeks. It may take that long for the water to evaporate so I can fly again. The soil is all clay and nothing soaks in, it just slowly runs off or evaporates.
  Me and the Bootlegger went to the speed shop and bought some methanol. I got 15 gallons he got 5. I need to pay him for it as I didn't have enough money. We bought some about 6 months ago and the price was $4.00/gallon. This time it's $5.00/gallon. It's Bushes fault. That raised the price of a gallon of fuel to $10.25. That's still half the price of the store bought fuel.

No comments: