Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Old planes.

 I grabbed two older planes that haven't been flown in a couple years. It took a bit of work to clean them and a little work to start the engines. After that the Flite Streak was designed with a single wheel for landing gear. Unless I have another person to launch it the gyroscopic precession  of the spinning propeller will lean the wing onto the left tip. And without assistance that dragging tip will turn the plane into the circle where I am. So I removed that single gear and made up a set of normal two wheel gear for it. Only a badly burned finger so it was a success. The other plane has gear that I can use if it fails to fly right.
  I drained the oil from the rescued mower and it's still dirty tan color. Maybe a few more changes and things will be clean again.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Oil is probably starting to remove some of the rust inside the case from the flood.