Monday, September 18, 2017

Needless to say.

You must use the proper amount of epoxy hardener or it will stay a bit soft.
  I sprayed some primer on the plane and sanded followed by some filler and more sanding. Then, just for the heck of it, I did some more sanding. Will it help? Not the way I do things, no.Tower Hobbies has a sale on covering so I ordered 6 rolls. I'll cover the wings and stab. and things when it comes in.
  I got in some flights with the Hound Dog and Nomad at the Zachary field on Sat. I felt that the 63 foot lines were not what I had hoped and changed back to 62 foot lines at home. The Nomad seemed nose heavy so I made a handle adjustment and that helped. I noticed that I had a muffler that is 2 ounces or so and that I had put some tail weight to compensate. At home I put a tongue muffler on and removed the tail weight.
The balance didn't change so I left the leadouts where they were. I got in two flights this Sunday morning and it flew very well. I flew the Hound Dog this morning with the shorter lines and it is ready for the contest as well. The Gypsy is still flying well and I put larger wheels on as the grass grabs the 2 inch wheels. Another flight with that one to check the line adjustment and wheels and it's ready to go. Two bolts and the Hyundai rear seat back comes out and the planes can go in. No war bird event so I only need 3 planes.

No comments: