Saturday, September 2, 2017

Fuel tanks and other screw ups.

A few days after sending the second wrong fuel tank back I got the one that I ordered. Luckily? it doesn't fit the plane. Just great.
   I got ahead of my building the new plane again. I don't cut the fuselage to install the wing. The wing has the bellcrank to flaps pushrod sticking out of the wing. The wing opening in the fuselage isn't big enough for the pushrod to slip through so I remove it, install the wing and re install the pushrod. In order to do that I need access to the top of the wing. I had sheeted the fuselage top over the wing. I had to cut it off before I could install the wing. I hate to ruin good balsa as it's pricey. I need to remove the engine from the Shark and install it in the new plane so I can start carving the nose and the removable cowl.
   I went to the club field this morning with the big Shark and the newly fixed electric Pathfinder. The Shark engine ran quite well and the Pathfinder held the batteries on board. I had put an ounce of lead in the nose a while back but with the larger batteries I don't need it so I drilled it out.
 I mixed up a new 5 gallon batch of fuel and will give it a try tomorrow.

No comments: