Saturday, June 1, 2019

Brodak P-40B Electric.

A couple years ago I bought one with the power system. I've flown it a few times with poor results. Now that I have more batteries I've been flying it more and trimming. The thing has a problem in cornering. It likes to stall or mush. I added two ounces of nose weight and there is some improvement but it still mushes in outside corners. Today I made a new control horn for the flaps. The original was plastic and kinda bendy. I made a copy of it out of aluminum angle and made the flap pushrod hole higher than the plastic one. The flaps move too much, I think, so I took some movement off while keeping the elevator movement the same. Tomorrow morning I'll try it. Maybe shorter lines as well. It has occurred to me that in the profile and sometimes the warbird events appearance points are not awarded so you can fly an ARF if you chose with no penalty. I have the big Nomad and Pathfinder electrics and the P-40 ARF for warbird. I may have to use one for two events or all three events as getting two 60 inch wing span planes plus the 54 inch P-40 into the Hyundai back seat is quite a problem.

No comments: