Thursday, June 6, 2019

Electric P-40B ARF update.

I finally got the plane flying better than it has. I had to drill new holes in the flap and elevator horns so that I got a bit more down than up control. I removed 4 ounces of nose weight but kept the one ounce spinner for looks mainly. One the first flight yesterday I had too much down and had to make a handle adjustment for the second flight. There is a marked improvement in the corners. The driving force behind all this trimming is that the plane is very stable in level flight both upright and inverted. No other plane of mine has ever been that stable. The balance point is a bit behind where the plans say so I'll start moving it back a bit more as I go. It's raining today so I'll prep the pickup for the new front hub that's coming today.

No comments: