Friday, July 19, 2019

Another plane gets the saw.

I did some measuring on the other Nomads and found the nose to wing measurement to be inconsistent. Good old number 2 has been the test bed for other changes so I figured why not? I planned on using the rear engine mounting bolts only in the front engine holes. That produced a 3/4 inch set back. After a short trip to the band saw and some hole saw and chisel work I got the engine installed. The new rear mounting holes were very close to some holes already in the plane. I plugged those holes and drilled new ones for the screws. I needed 3 degree offset wedges to rid the plane of left engine thrust. I was able to use the same spinner on this one. I sprayed some paint on the newly blended nose and got it all together. I should be able to test fly it in the morning. Two months ago we saw a turtle laying eggs in our lawn at the edge of the street.The ground had hardened quite a bit and I figured I would dig the eggs out and let them hatch in softer ground. I had a lot of trouble digging them out and found that they had already hatched. I rescued 10 newborns and the neighbor released them into the woods behind his house.

No comments: