Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Temp. change made permanent.

The engine on Nomad 4 is an ASP .52 r/c engine converted to control line use. At $75.00 new I couldn't turn it down. It's flying a lot better with the engine set back that I took the spacer and engine off and band sawed the nose off. I removed the engine offset wedges and re installed it so I could figure out what spinner would be the best to use. I had the nose blended into a 2 inch diameter spinner but with the changes a 2 and 1/4 inch spinner is the best choice. A little carving with a razor plane and sanding and paint and the plane is ready to fly again. The Georgia contest is a couple weeks away and it's time to fly the planes I plan to compete with so I know they are ready. The grass at the park is growing and the rain isn't helping any. The staff was out mowing this morning but hadn't got to my spot so I got in two flights with Nomad 5 and headed home. Tomorrow the staff should be done with the mowing. After that I need to mow my grass. I was down to using the last gallon of my home brew fuel. That gallon was down to 2 quarts so I mixed another 5 gallons that I will start using tomorrow. The timing is perfect as I need to tune the engines for the new mix as I went from 22% oil to about 20% oil. The same nitro %. I need to know if the engines need more or less fuel for the pattern but less than 8 total minutes for the flight. If I have an over run I loose up to 65 points. That's 40 points for a perfect landing and 25 points for "pattern points". You get pattern points for doing the maneuvers in the right sequence and the right number of repetitions of each maneuver. e.g. 3 loops not 2 or 4. That goes for all the maneuvers.

No comments: