Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Some progress on the Legacy.

I had a bad time trying to get up the courage to use poly span on the wing. I finally did it and it's not bad. I put 4 coats of dope on it and sanded some. Then more dope and sanding. I got sick of that and got some primer and sprayed that on and sanded some more. Then I used some Dupli-Color primer and sanded that. more coats of primer and sanding finally with 1000 grit and the wing is real smooth. I sprayed another coat of primer to cover the bare spots and will sand that with 1000 and then 1500 grit paper. I ordered some colored dope from Brodak and a pilot bust. The canopy is sitting in room temperature black Rit dye. It may not tint it much but to heat the dye will destroy the canopy. I had some original silk span and covered the tail pieces with that. I should have covered the wing with it. It's much easier to work with. I squared the stab and wing on the fuselage and glued that in. Now I have to wait for the fin/rudder as it will cover the slot for the elevators.

No comments: