Monday, June 23, 2008

Bad day at the pits.

My horseshoe pitching has been poor for about a year and a half now. At a tournament Sun. my bad skill continued. It rained hard for an hour before my class pitched and the clay was real sloppy. Others in my class were doing well pitching well over their average and their best games against me it seemed.
I have to get some primer for the El Camino as my primary parts store will be closing in the near future. It's a family owned store and not aligned with any name brand store. The owners are at retirement age and a new Advance auto parts will be opening soon about a quarter mile away. The parts store has been open since about 1967. The only job the family has had. One kid left and went to work for E.B. in Groton but the other is still there and must find another job.
I got in a few flights on Sat. Not the plane I wanted to fly because my grandson wanted to see the plane with the star. It's a semi scale P-51 mustang. I flew it and ended up making trim changes for two hours when I got home. The hinge gap sealing tape restricted the control movement and had to come off.The controls didn't quite move the same up and down and while changing that I made a new pushrod. A wheel got tweaked to straighten it and the muffler got bigger holes drilled in it. It flew quite well as it was. The Primary force is 98% complete. I got some checkerboard stuff and finished the covering and sprayed clear on the fuse. I figured out why this can of clear was a lot older than the rest of the cans on the shelf at the hobby shop. It's flat clear. I didn't read the label until after spraying the plane.Too late. Any way, I'll probably get a can of gloss clear and hit it again. Final weight is 32 ounces. Real light for a kit built and I added and ounce or two in extra balsa for vibration control.

No comments: