Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Progress on the El Camino.

I finally got the front fenders, grill and bumper on the car. It looks like a car again. It still needs a bunch of stuff to get it road worthy. I attacked the bumper with steel wool and coarse polishing compound to get the shine back. Not to mention Super Clean. I have to get front shocks too. It's getting near. After all the stuff from Richards gets done I'll give it a coat of red primer to hold it until final paint later on.
The Primary Force is nearing completion too. I got some transparent blue covering at Brodaks hobby shop last week and covered the wing and stab. I painted a white stripe along the bottom of the fuse. and red along the top. The Twister will get red transparent on the wing and stab. I'll probably leave the fuse. natural to save a little weight. Both powered by Fox .35's. Seeing as how I've modified the kit shape I think I'll name it "lil Hobo". I tried to get in a flight today but some one was working on the entrance to the field gate and the grass hasn't been mowed either. School ends this week so I'll have more choices by Friday.

No comments: