Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Time to paint

I bought some epoxy primer for the El Camino and hope to get it primered this week. The rust preventive I applied several weeks ago didn't work and I have to sand it all over again. I figure on doing it one small part at a time. I can use a smaller gun and not waste too much paint. $40.00 a quart. $60.00 when you add the hardener. I went to the defunct dog racing track and flew one of my older planes yesterday and today. It's the one with a maple core fuselage. It flies quite well but I made the leading edge of the wing too sharp and I have to be real carefull in hard corners. Rather don't do hard corners. I learned from the visit to Brodaks contest that I've been flying my planes too slow. I zipped this one up to 4.5 to 4.8 second laps and it made a big difference. The dog track parking lot must be 30 acres and all the light poles have been taken out so there isn't any obstacles to hit, only asphalt. No more flights until I get the car painted.

No comments: