Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some progress.

The last of my order with Year One came in when they said it would. Mid 90's and humid. I tried to install the heater blower box but it has a different bolt pattern and is much smaller that the a/c box. I couldn't make it fit as the holes for the a/c weren't covered by the new box either. I would need a new firewall. So I gutted the a/c box and re-installed it. It took several hours to figure out which wires went where but with the help of the assembly book I got it figured out. I put the right fender on and ran out of bolts. Again in the high 90's I started work on a portable wind sock for the places I fly. There has been a tent in the woods in back of my house for at least 30 years and I figured I would have a use for it some day. I took the fiberglass poles that hold the tent fabric in place and tied a piece of plastic surveyors tape to one and stuck it in the ground. Urethra, it works. Now I have three extras. Each one comes apart in 4 pieces about 18 inches long each.

No comments: