Thursday, May 6, 2010

Caught in the rain.

I did some errands early today. I got gas in the Saturn and some in a jug for the mowers and went to the dog track with the weed wacker. I cut off all the grass and weeds growing through the cracks in the asphalt inside the flying circle.
I started to mow the lawn and the wind was down so I went for coffee and then to the dog track. I took the El Camino and the speedometer worked perfectly. I think it's even accurate. I went to test a plane I hadn't flown in a while. I had found an OS .46 while looking for a tongue muffler for the Fox .40. It flew with a wing high and It started to rain so I headed for home. I made changes to the plane and then got the idea to put an OS on the Padre that I have been flying with a Fox. I went through all kinds of trial fits and drilling holes in aluminum pads before I found that the plane was originally set up for an OS. I slapped it on and finished mowing. The rain and wind were history so I headed back to the track. The wind there didn't get the memo so I got in two short flights just to test the changes and engine change. The motorcycle guy was there again but left before I finished.

No comments: