Saturday, May 1, 2010

Going home.

We have been in LA for 10 days and are heading home early Sunday morning. I got in several flights with the Primary Force and the Flite Streak and Ringmaster 307. All flew very well and I'm really impressed by the Flite Streak.I assembled it when I got here and it flew well right off. I did the complete pattern with it after a few flights. I did get to fly in the rain too. My son and I cut off the offending limb and made flying in the yard much better. I bought some bug spray and the bugs just love the stuff. I'm almost out of fuel from 3 years ago and bought another gallon at the hobby shop. I hoped to finish the old fuel off but the wind and rain stopped me from doing it. We will be back in October with the Harley for the contest so I'll burn it off then. I went to a giant scale fly in today and the wind was blowing hard but they were flying anyway. No crashes. My flying buddy, Gil, wrecked his pick up and he's waiting for the adjuster to look at it. I mailed some extra plane stuff home, I have 3 planes that fly well here now.

4 comments:

2Evil4U said...

It was great to have you down here. Didn't go back to bed Sunday morning, so I planned and executed the task of filling the front porch railings with concrete. 25.5 80# bags. (I miss the truck. The Durango was somewhat grumpy with 2400# of concrete in the trunk.)

Perry Rose said...

You should have said something, we could have done that Sat.

Qu'que chose said...

Wow, you must have worked all day! Even I would have helped. I've worked with cement before. But Puppy's Pop is the best helper! Thanks again. We had a great time.

2Evil4U said...

Didn't really think about it. I had planned to build wooden caps with 2x 12's and stuff, but after I thought about it, I figured that filling it with concrete and maybe putting tile over the top would be easier. Really wasn't too bad. It stayed cloudy and Mona helped so we had it done before noon. Now I just have to figure out how I want to cap it so it looks halfway decent.