Saturday, May 15, 2010

Light winds.

Overcast and the rain stopped early in the morning. I had replaced the OS .40, that very slowly increased in rpm, with the original Fox.40. I got in 3 good flights and several short trimming flights with the Snow Fox. I made even more adjustments when I got home. I measured the engine offset on the Fox and found a bit of left thrust. I added more shims to give it some right thrust. I'll try it today maybe. I also put the problem OS .40 on another plane and will try that too. It runs just perfect on the bench.
I tried fishing as the river is down to it's normal level finally. I put on the shoes with the lug soles to give me some traction on the rocks. The soles are very hard rubber or plastic and were very slippery. I slipped off a rock and got both feet wet in the first 5 minutes. No bites either. The flood must have washed everything to the sea.

No comments: