Monday, May 17, 2010

Light and variable.

I flew the Padre twice and forgot the hourglass maneuver both times. It flew quite well in the other maneuvers. I brought the Vicar for some test flights with longer lines and I like the longer lines better. I did 3 short flights and one full pattern flight.
When I got home I brought out the Primary Force that had the Fox .35 on it. I did some tinkering and drilled and tapped and cut out some wood finally getting an OS .40/.46 installed. The mounting bolt holes are the same. I put a .46 on it as it's a bit lighter and took the tongue muffler off the Fox .25 and installed it on the .46. That put the balance point close to perfect and a bit nose heavy which is good. Hopefully get to fly it tomorrow. I had to put larger wheels on as the 11 inch prop hits the ground in level take off attitude.

No comments: