Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Moving along.

It took some doing but we got my article on a disc and mailed out. It's hard to say if anything can be taken from it yet.
I have the winter project framed up. I glued plywood pads to the shear webs in the wing for wing mounted landing gear. It seemed like the best way to do the installation.Lots of repairs to the wing after the crash. Very light wood was used to make the wing. I built a stab./ elev. and laminated the edges where the hinges go. I located the hinge pockets first and sanded a slot in both halves before gluing the pieces together.It worked out quite well. As close to centered hinges as I can get.
I put in a spare bolt in the clubs mower to hold the engine still. One bolt had fallen out and another was a bit loose. The engine made a banging noise when it started and shut down. While running it was quiet. Or as quiet as a mower gets.
The club may be loosing the field as Bolmet has bought the building Peerless windows was in and wants to make it 3 times bigger. Surveyors have been doing whatever it is they do between the runway and the ditch lately. Time will tell.

No comments: