Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's official.

I was waiting for the weather to improve so I could mow the flying flied this morning when I got a call from my older brother. He has a snow blower that he got from his oldest daughter and it doesn't run. I gave him some things to try and then figured I'd better go have a look. First up was to disconnect the ground wire to disable the switch. Now we got spark. Next I poured a bit of gas into the carb. and it started running but stopped. I looked at the float bowl and saw two things hanging down. One is a fuel sampler the other is a mixture screw that was turned all the way in shutting off the gas flow. It started running and I adjusted the mixture to where it sounded best. Now he needs to get a key so it will shut off without having to short the wire I unhooked.
Off to the flying field. When I got there all the fence sections, the transmitter impound thing and the two bench stands were in a pile off to the side. The mower was gone but the toilet was still there. Some surveyor stakes are in the runway so I figured the time has come to move on. I stopped and got a hair cut on the way home and planned on going to the little league park but it started raining. Maybe later.

No comments: