Sunday, September 25, 2011

More stuff happens.

We just got off the phone with the credit card company. Someone has been charging stuff to our low limit card. The company declined all the charges and we went through the charges for the last month and cancelled that card. It is being investigated.
I bought an airplane at the local pawn shop today. I took the engine off and took the plane and starter to the field and sold it for a profit. I had to order new ball bearings so it will be a wash. I ordered on line at Tower and couldn't get the exact engine, a .46 FXi. I went back into the site later and tried a search from the O.S. page and the FXi showed up but with different bearing numbers. There is no explanation for the 'i' designation. I called Tower and questioned the operator about what I found and she agreed I had ordered the wrong parts. I had that order cancelled and ordered the right ones. I think that triggered the call from the credit card company.
I found a crack in the fuselage of the Padre and decided to retire the plane. After cutting the wing and stab. out there was nothing left of the fuselage. I had to get some K2r as the oil got under the covering and spread to the tip of the outboard wing. Now I got another wing to build a fuselage for. Maybe a new engine for it too.

No comments: