Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Not warm enough.

The temps have been in the high 30's lately but not warm enough to cause any melting of the snow cover. I checked the field a few days ago and there are a few small bare spots. I have been pecking away at the MI Bipe. I don't see how anyone could have built this thing that hadn't built one before. Especially if he didn't have the engine shown. I built a fuel tank and it has to go where the bellcrank was supposed to be. The interplane struts are at an angle and can't be installed once the slanted ribs are glued in.I attached the lower wing this morning and it's waiting until I figure out what to do next without messing up the rest of the build. Maybe a wide rib as a platform with the strut resting on top of it. Covering will be a pain as it has to be done in several strips on top and bottom of the wings. I hope by the time it's finished the snow will be gone.

No comments: