Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One down.

The mirror for the truck came in yesterday. I got it out of the box and it looked pretty good. It took about 5 minutes to install it. Perfect match and fit. Big difference not having to look around all the cracks in the wobbling mirror. I am told that my graphics are on the way. It's been close to two months. I am worried that they will be the wrong size. The will finish the build and allow me to put the engine in. I had to leave it out as the fuel fill and overflow pipes stick out in the area that the unit insignia will go. I can't remove them with the engine installed and they will have to be removed to stick the decal in the right palce. The little plane I'm making from the plans is quite a pain. It's designed for a spark ignition engine that has the fuel tank attached to it. In order to use a glow engine the tank has to go where the bell crank is supposed to be. I have that worked out and I'm working on the wings now. They have a huge, for it's size, leading and trailing edge. Lots of carving will be needed. We went to the hobby shop and I got some red and white dope for the finish. The snow is down to about 6 inches deep. The temps have been above freezing lately with some rain and lots of wind. No place to fly. We are planning on going to the Brodak Fly-in again in June. We were there in 2008 and found it very interesting. 6 circles going all the time with stunt ,scale, carrier and combat. Plus the big hobby shop and whatever else is for sale at the site.

No comments: