Thursday, February 14, 2013

The wait begins.

I finally got an answer from the graphics guy about the price and how to send it to him. If I hadn't suggested pay pal I would be still waiting. I've never done business with anyone that was afraid to give specifics. Now I have to wait for the mail. Today I put the new friction wheel on the track blower. It went much better than I figured. No rust to clean off and things still had lube on them. I oiled the outside fittings and adjusted the cable and track wheels. Then I removed the right side mirror from the Dodge. The inside panel is a pain but I got it off and taped over the holes until the new one comes in. Pictures of the P-39 show a U.S. ARMY sign on the under side of the wing. I tried a few things to make the letters but to no avail. I drew them on paper and sprayed a coat of clear on the paper to give it some body. When that dries I'll give it a dusting of spray glue so it will stick on the wing like tape and lightly spray black paint over the words. That's how I put my AMA number on the vertical fin.It worked out pretty good. Those planes didn't get any other color stripes to make them stand out. Kinda what you want in that business.

No comments: