Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A plan comes together, accidently.

A few years ago I lost a hub cap/wheel cover off the Dodge somewhere between here and Baton Rouge. I finally got around to looking for a replacement. Wholesale Mopar wants $100.00 for a new one. The local large junk yard doesn't have one so I looked on ebay. There were several to choose from. They had the right part number and everything. I put a 40 dollar bid on one and got an out bid notice a few days later. While waiting for the sale to near the end I found another up for bid. Not wanting to mess it up again I waited for it to end today. While waiting I noticed there were 4 in the offing from the same seller. No bids. I waited on the first to end and got it for $19.99. On to the second and got that one for the same price. I looked at the final for the one I got out bid on and it went for $41.00. HA HA. I have the new P-63 wing built and the fin and rudder also. I started on the fuselage this morning and got it ready for skinning with 1/64 ply. The P-63 is related to the P-39 and has a different shaped fin and rudder. I have to look up the other changes. Flat green and flat light blue right up my alley.

No comments: