Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Maybe, finally.

We haven't been having any luck getting a plumber to install a gas fired furnace. I got a 30 day extension from the gas company on the service installation contract so we could find someone willing to do the work. I called a number we found in the paper yesterday. It sounded like the others but we held out hope.. This morning the plumber arrived and I showed him the site. He had pamphlets and gave me a price that is reasonable. I have to board up a window or two so the vents will be away from windows to suit the code. I have to fill and seed the tire tracks near the milk room so the gas company will have more choices to run the line. Nothing that can't be done in a jiffy. The plumber is supposed to be mailing a quote and will install the furnace and then when the gas line is installed come back and finish the job. With no more profile only contests in the area I removed the engine from the P-39 and brought out the Honey Bee. That's the one that I used to win the Mass Cup and then remodeled it. I had flown it a few times after the re work and it flew better than it had. With the new nose the engine was closed in more but I didn't think that would matter. I flew it yesterday and the engine wouldn't run steady. Mostly too fast no matter how I set the needle. Changing tanks didn't do anything so I removed the engine and installed it on the P-39. It ran perfectly. So I figure it was getting too hot in the new nose. I made some cuts and other wood removal things to open up the engine to the air. I installed the engine from the P-39 into the Honey Bee and should be able to test it in the morning fog. With the too fast maneuvering the nose had developed cracks and the glue joint on the wing had come loose also. A few more corners and it would have torn off. I added some ply over the cracks and filled the loose joints with super glue. It should hold.

No comments: