Monday, May 6, 2013

Another "oh shit" moment.

I backed the hot rod out of the garage to scrape some of the pollen off. Before closing the windows and shutting the doors I always test the hidden get in locks. They didn't work. Today I started to trouble shoot the problem. Both doors didn't work and there is a circuit breaker somewhere in the car. I removed the dash and found everything I was looking for. They all tested good. I really didn't want to remove the door panel but I had no choice. I removed one solenoid and tested it. Worked perfectly. I attached it to the wiring with jumpers and it worked. Bad grounds. I had a bitch of a time getting the solenoid back in and wired but I did. I stuffed all the wiring and hoses back together and closed the dash. The right side doesn't work and I'll get to it some day. I went to Groton this morning and got the new combo switch installed. The exhaust needs renewing from the cat back. That's on order.

No comments: